Monday, June 11, 2012

Sally Hansen "Sorbet"

After my last nail polish post, you're probably thinking that I'm going to rave about this Sally Hansen nail polish as well.

Nuh-uh.

Look at the chips...

This was such a big let down for me.
I really was excited to wear this nail polish A.) because I just had a really great experience with the brand the last time I painted my nails, and B.) I have been hunting for a color similar to Barry M's Peach Melba which I see on UK beauty bloggers/youtubers all the time. This seemed like such a perfect match!!
Unfortunately, you can see by the state of my nails that this was not a good nail polish. This was after seven hours of industrial dishwashing, mind you, but this polish doesn't just chip, it peels off in sheets.

Another problem is the application.
It took me three (yes, I applied and took off this polish three times) attempts before I was able to figure out the trick to applying this polish. It is such a thick consistency, very reminiscent of a gel, and also a very sheer color. So finding a balance between too thick (gloopy and bubbles) and too thin (poor color pay-off) was a lot of work. Even after I thought I had perfected it, bubbles started appearing about a half hour (yes, that long after!!) after application.

See the bubbles near my cuticles? What a shame...

Sigh.
So I guess I'm on the hunt for a Sorbet dupe. The color really is lovely and everything I've been looking for so it was such a shame that the formula of the polish was such crap.

Do you know a peachy-orange-sherbert dupe polish?
Are other colors in this specific Sally Hansen Line just as bad?
I'd love to know!

xoxo - Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...