Monday, July 29, 2013

NOTD: Dior Haute Couleur Extreme Wear Nail Lacquer "Lucky"


I know, I know; another nail polish post; I know.
I promise I have other things ready to post about but there's so much editing and filming and splicing that needs to happen behind the scenes and other projects I'm working on and oh yeah I'm still in that one beauty competition (vote for me?) and I'm having trouble prioritizing because there's so much beauty goodness I want to show you... sick of my excuses? Alright alright, I'll get on to those non-nail polish things for you right away master *slumps away Igor style*

(right after I do this NOTD post )



I honestly don't know where to start with this polish from Dior... so let's just start there: it's Dior.
Never have I ever owned a Dior product (much like other high end brands... no Givenchy, Chanel, or Tom Ford in this makeup enthusiast's collection) so you KNOW I nearly puked on my plate of salad when my dear friend Torey made me open up this belated birthday present (SERIOUSLY, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE) the other week at lunch.

Knowing that I have an unhealthy love for nail polish, Torey encouraged the obsession with the selection of "Lucky"... the most beautiful nail product I own.
Seriously, it's everything; you don't just pay for a name when you buy a Dior polish, you exchange your cash for unicorns and magic all in a stupidly pretty little bottle (which says "Dior" all over itself too so you can still label whore yourself off to your friends/strangers).



I've always been a fan of Dior's packaging (most recently his Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo compact #swoonofdeath) and this was only furthered upon application of "Lucky" onto my nails; the brush is PERFECT. Really, it is. Its thick (but not too thick), wide (but not too wide), tapered (but not too harshly), rounded (but not awkwardly so) brush makes it so that you have your nail perfectly manicured in two delightful strokes.

Not to mention the formula of the polish is wonder beyond your wildest dreams.
It's a thicker gel consistency which would normally put me off because of long dry times (and goop bubbles galore) but Dior delivered on this one: my nails were dry within two minutes. Two minutes for a gel polish!! Unheard of *golf clap to Mr. Dior*.



 Did I mention the color?
Ohhhhhhh the color...

It's a shifter in the most captivating way. With each tilt of the hand, each rise and fall of the sun, the polish takes on a different hue; from a deep vibrant coral to an electric rose not dissimilar to Revlon's "Cherries In The Snow" lipstick, there isn't one shade this polish turns that isn't utterly lovely.
Also, it must be noted that I do not have a top coat on my nails. The shine you see here is completely compliments to "Lucky". I felt strange not sealing this with something but putting a Sally Hansen (read [by the upper crust]: peasant) top coat on top of a Dior polish was a level of b*stardization that I couldn't handle.

Alright, I think that's enough makeup-feelings for one post.
A big thank you to Torey is in order a.) for being a ridiculously good and unnecessarily generous friend, and b.) for starting a new level of obsession that I can't even begin to afford (yay grad student life #holla).

Have you tried a Dior nail polish?
Love it? Hate it (you can send it to me)?
What brands are you willing to spend the extra money on?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

20 comments:

  1. Oh Dior! I always associate those name brands with growing up (but in a totally good way!) My usual line of thinking goes 'I'll get that when I have my big girl job' ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you Lauren!! Though I usually phrase mine with "when I'm a rich old woman" hahahahaha.

      Delete
  2. You can never have one too many nail polish posts Cassie. I love them all. Never tried Dior polishes but this one seems to be a must-have. Love the color! <3

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahhhhh thank you Kathy!! You are SUCH a sweetheart <3 I honestly don't know how much I care for the other Dior polish colors (they seem fine but nothing special) but, like you said, this one is a MUST-have; so ridiculously pretty!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I think I just fell in love with yet another nail polish! The color looks soo beautiful! I haven't tried any Dior polish yet, I usually stick with my beloved Essie :) x

    beautyvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha isn't that the worst? I love the colors essie puts out, I just wish I loved the formula more/wish the formula was more consistent :(

      Delete
  4. Amazing colour! I'm totally in love with it! <3

    Natalia xo

    thelandofmymind.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour - so pretty! The packaging is also really sophisticated - love it!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, Torey, you've unleashed the high-end nail polish beast!

    I have a mini Dior Extreme Lipstick in Lucky (it was a 100-point perk from Sephora) and it also blew my mind. In the bullet, it's the same colour as the polish but it is much sheerer so it's totally wearable, no matter the occasion.

    *sigh* Dior products, why are you so expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. GOSH!!!!! A lipstick in this color that's a bit sheer????? WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THIS I NEED IT. *sighs with you about money*

      Delete
  7. LOL B*STARDIZATION. WHAT?! CASSIE. AHAHAHA! It would have seemed a bit weird, like eating lobster and a cheeseburger. Not at all like that, but I got you. This is so pretty and Dior packaging is just way to captivating to now want it! I'm glad I'm not a cuckoo bananas with nail polish because I'd be wanting this in a heart beat! :3

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhaha glad you liked that Jess. And I totally got you ;) You're SO lucky you're not cookoo bananas about nail polish... it's a sick addition to the makeup obsession we already share LOL.

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty polish-I might have to buy this color myself! I think it'd be worth it just to do the hairflip and say that I'm wearing Dior haha xx

    beautearose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, it won't disappoint!! Haaha and yes the hair flip that it warrants makes the price hurt a little less :D

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...