Saturday, May 17, 2014

NOTD: essie "go ginza" + "shine of the times"


If you follow me on Instagram, you may (who am I kidding, you may not/probably don't) remember this nail combo I was sporting a week ago. My girl over at sleepandwater was having a bit of a moment when she finally got her hands (and therefore her nails) on essie's "shine of the times". It sparked something in me as well; there are just absolutely no ifs, ands, or buts about it… this top coat is an absolute beaut and I wanted to slather it over of ALL of my nail polishes.



Truth be told, I had never thought to pair "shine of the times" with pastel polishes. Which actually seems quite silly in retrospect because I adore the way it looks over nude polishes. Wabam (that's the sound effect that's supposed to happen when you open up that link)! Something about the way it looks with lighter colors shining through is mesmerizing. Granted it looks pretty 'effing  spectacular with darker colors beneath it as well (which I have yet to photograph… my apologies) but in a way completely different than this.





The word that comes to mind when I see "shine of the times" over "go ginza" is whimsical. I felt like a freaking fairy when I had this on my nails and honestly, looking at these pictures, it makes me want to slap it back on immediately. Also, I was very thankful to find that the luxe polish prevented "go ginza" from going all crack-nasty on me like it does on its own so I think I found its match made in heaven!

And as an added bonus: I just had to include this picture of Galileo (even though I know the color/light balances are all sorts of off because of the window-white-balance-blow-out). We've both been enjoying our afternoon snoozes with my pneumonia keeping me fairly sedated all week. Lots of time has been spent cuddling with this fluff booger 


Have you tried essie's "shine of the times"?
Love it? Hate it?
Has anyone else caught a spring/summer bug like me?
Do share!

xoxo - Cassie

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm not usually big on glitter topcoats, but this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn I'm so glad you like it!! It really is beautiful :)

      Delete
  2. Welp, now I know how I'm doing my nails later this week! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! It is a very whimsical looking combo.
    I hope you've been feeling better Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kat, I'm getting better little by little each day ^__^ And yes, it is a whimsical combo indeed!!

      Delete
  4. Oooh this is so pretty and indeed very whimsical!
    I hope you feel better and Galileo is super cute - as always! xx

    beautyvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much on all accounts! And I'll pass on the good word to Galileo as well ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...