Saturday, July 5, 2014

NOTD: SinfulColors "Cinderella" + essie "shine of the times"


So sorry that my first 'real' post in a long time is a nail one (much less a nail one which includes a polish you've seen a million times before [hereand hereand oh yeah here too]) but this is just the easiest way for me to get back into the swing of blogging! Which I plan on doing… but don't hold me to it. That kind of commitment during the lazy summer heat and my currently never-ending summer classes is a bit too much for me to handle.




 My girl Stephanie over at Short 'N Chic actually sent me her bottle of "Cinderella" from SinfulColors when she felt it wasn't getting as much love as it deserved. I knew the minute I laid eyes on it though that this particular polish (amongst the plethora she sent me; you can see it at the 10 minute mark) was going to get an immense amount of love during the warmer months! It's a gorgeous not-quite-pale-though-not-quite-bright baby blue polish with iridescent flakes laced throughout. 
And while the shiny bits were quite noticeable on their own, I just needed to give them that extra "oomph" with essie's "shine of the times" to really dazzle in the (currently scorching and torturous) summer sun. I'm not at all built to deal with the blindness and waterfalls from my pores that the 100 degree weather Boston is causing at the moment but blindness and waterworks in my mouth caused by sparkly nail polish? That's a whooooole 'nother story.






I just plain old love the way this nail polish combo looks. No true rhyme or reason behind it; it could be the multifaceted nature of the interaction between the two coats of shimmer, the seemingly endless shifts in color that the polish takes on in different light (sometimes subtle, other times blaring), or maybe just the fact that I got an endless amount of compliments on this polish wherever I went. Truly, be it on the train while sharing a grip on a pole during the rush hour commute or while I was unhanging and scanning people's clothing purchases at work, someone always mentioned how fantastic my nails were and that they just needed to know what polish it was. Well, here's the answer!! Just a bottle of something borrowed and blue with a personal standby true. 

Big shout out to Stephanie again; thank you SO much for this polish!!
Check out her blog a.s.a.p. if you haven't and are a fellow lacquer lover… she's amazing to say the least.

Have you tried either of these polishes?
 Ever paired 'em together?
What polish do you get the most compliments on when you wear it?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful combination. Flakie polishes look amazing when you layer them over a bright base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the combo!! And it's true, they really do shine the best over bright bases ^__^

      Delete
  2. SO much sparkle! You can't go wrong with sparkle honestly, and that Essie polish is gooooorgeous - I recently acquired a similar polish from LynB Designs, and it just lifts any old creamy polish to a whole new level. I especially love it paired with yellow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhh tell me about it; glitter is such an integral part of my life it's stupid… albeit sparkly haha. OOO I hadn't thought of putting it on top of yellow. I'mma have to borrow that idea from you because it sounds looooovely for the scorching weather we've been having here lately!! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...